Building source (build 50490)

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Hello!

I am trying to build version 50490 on Windows XP, VS2010 so I can use some of the HTTP resources in a project I'm working on.  0.7.0 dll's work fine.

When I build all, I get a bunch of dependency errors (missing *.Core.dll, *.Extentions.dll, etc).  Since base has no dependencies, I tried building just that and working my way up.  It gives me all the same dependency errors as well as this error:

Error 13 The command "if not exist "D:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\PcapDotNet\PcapDotNet\src\PcapDotNet.snk" ("%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\sn.exe" -k "D:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\PcapDotNet\PcapDotNet\src\PcapDotNet.snk")" exited with code 3. PcapDotNet.Packets

I also have "Element 'x' has invalid child element 'y'" errors every couple of lines in my Microsoft.CppCommon.targets file.  Most of my programming experience is in C#, not C++, and I'm not familiar with this file.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Hi,

Have you followed the exact instructions in the developer's guide?

What is the first error you get?

Can you copy the entire build log here?

Boaz.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I started over and realized I was looking at the wrong project.  The first error I encounter is with building the Analysis project (the first one in the instructions).  I get the following error everywhere PreEmptive is referenced:

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PreEmptive' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have Windows SDK v7.1 installed and attempted to modify the pre-build script accordingly, but it didn't change anything.  I also tried installing v7.0A, but the installer failed (running in a VM with low disk space - I wasn't going to clear room for it until I was sure it was a version-specific problem).  I have all the required software in the requirements section as well, unless VS2010 Professional is insufficient.  I'm not sure what the difference between Professional and Ultimate is.

Thanks for your time

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Make sure that the project PcapDotNet.Analysis references PreEmptive.Attributes.dll.

This dll should be in this folder: ...\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\PreEmptive Solutions\Dotfuscator Community Edition

Boaz.

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Oops, stupid mistake on my part.  VS's Dotfuscator tools weren't installed.  Thanks for the help.