How to forward H.264 UDP stream ?

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I made two

PacketCommunicator receivercommunicator ;
PacketCommunicator sendercommunicator ;

one for each NICs i got on my computer. One will receive H.264 UDP stream from VLC streamer and the other one is supposed to send it to another computer throught the once NIC. I can receive just fine but i cannot resend the packet/forward it.  nothing happens when I use

// Send down the packet
 communicator.SendPacket(packet);
i fist sent the whole packet as i receive it without chaning anything and nothing happened. Then i built a new UDP packet by
stacking EthernetLayer + IPv4Layer + udpLater and then payloadLayer and i pack the packet with the a new Source IP and the old Destination. and still nothing happenes
is UDP packet forwading possible ?
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I think there shouldn't be a problem forwarding a UDP packet.

Have you tried using Wireshark on both NICs and see what you get there?

Did you change the EthernetLayer to fit the NIC you use to send the packet?

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM

yes, i used wireshark on both NICs but i dont see me packets being sent . I did not change the ethernetLayer. So should the ethernet layer have the new source IP and MAC ?

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

so when i receive the H.264 multicast packet on NIC#1 , should i build a new UDP packet , then copy the layers and then change the Source IP in the new packet to match the NIC#2 that im using to send the packet ? Thanks

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I solved the sending problem :) Thank you so much for the help.

Jun 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM

for people who are trying to do this ,, YES it is possible. I duplicated (UDP forwarding both ways and left the packets intact without changing source IP,  source MAC, and recalculating checksums ) by using two NICs and Pcap.net. it is awesome :) and super easy too.