How to Interfere all Packets passing from port 80?

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:35 PM
My aim is to interfere all the packets and change the source IP Address(i.e. my public IP). Also I just want to interfere but without re sending packets. Is this possible with Pcap.Net? Also this is one kind of IP Spoofing. Can anyone provide me examples or tutorials to do the same? If any one knows any other solution or any other idea then also please suggest me.

Thanks in advance and hope for the solution..!!
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Hi rupareliab,

I'm not sure what do you mean by "Interfere".
You can sniff packets your device can see and send packets.
See the Pcap.Net user guide for that.

However, you can't prevent outgoing packets from going out or incoming packets from getting in.
See the FAQ.
Sep 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Thanks for your reply Brickner,

Thanks for guide link but I have already looked.Actually I want to change some details( i.g. want to change macAddress). For that I want to implement something that can change the parameters I want and affect all the packet transfer system. Not just the packets passed from my developed app.
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM
You can create new packet with different MacAddress.

For example:
EthernetLayer ethernet = packet.Ethernet.ExtractLayer();
ethernet.Source = ...
PayloadLayer payload = packet.Ethernet.Payload.ExtractLayer();

Packet newPacket = PacketBuilder.Build(packet.Timestamp, ethernet, payload);
Sep 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Yes you are right. But my aim is not to create new packet. But want to change macaddress of already created packets.

Thanks..
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM
a Packet instance is read only in principle.
The interface doesn't allow you to change it, you should create a new packet based on layers extracted from the existing packet.
Sep 20, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Okay that is fine. But getting response is most important for me. But I am not able to get response. I have created packets as you said successfully. But these packets will be discarded as no 3 way handshake is implemented. Can you guide me for doing this?

Thanks..
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I suggest you sniff regular 3 way handshake and see what packets are being sent and implement code that mimics that.
More information on 3 way handshake can be read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol