windows 7 32-bit

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Hi all,

is Pcap.Net api supported in windows 7 32-bit edition

Abdul khaliq

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM

In order to support Windows 7, the next version of Pcap.Net will use WinPcap 4.1.1 (the WinPcap version that supports Windows 7).

The reason the release of this version is delayed is because of an issue in WinPcap 4.1.1 that causes a windows crash in specific cases.

See http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-bugs/2009-November/001094.html

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Any updates? I'm using WinPcap 4.1.1 on Win7 32-bit with no problems (Wireshark works just fine).

Incidentally, I have an IPv6 adapter, which Wireshark handles just fine, but Pcap.Net apparently doesn't support (even for non-v6 packets).

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:30 AM

In order to work with Pcap.NET on windows 7 u need to download and build  src code provided on the website and use that dll in ur code.

Abdul khaliq

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM

I'm sorry that I can't release a new Pcap.Net version.

I feel I can't release a version that currently causes a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) when I run the unit tests.

If you download the latest sources you should be able to both use the software on Windows 7 and use IPv6 devices.

The BSOD is caused because of the new WinPcap driver.

If you are willing to run the unit tests and tell me if it causes a BSOD on your computer that might help me help WinPcap developer fix the problem.

The many BSODs that my computer had because of this problem were recovered completely so if you run it without any important processes running I believe you shouldn't worry.

Boaz.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Pcap.Net version 0.5.0 was released today.

This version supports WinPcap 4.1.1 and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits).