Using Pcap.Net in your programs
Creating an application that uses Pcap.Net
To create an application that uses Pcap.Net with Microsoft Visual Studio, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have .NET Framework 4.0 (or a newer version) installed.
- Add a reference to PcapDotNet.Base.dll, PcapDotNet.Packets.dll, PcapDotNet.Core.dll and PcapDotNet.Core.Extensions.dll at every project file that uses Pcap.Net.
for sample programs.
Running Pcap.Net applications
To run an application that uses Pcap.Net, follow these steps:
- Make sure the application you're using was built in Release mode and not Debug.
- Install WinPcap 4.1.2 (available at http://www.winpcap.org).
- Install .NET Framework 4.0 (available at
Microsoft Download Center).
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (available at Microsoft Download Center:
x64 version). If you have troubles on Windows x64 versions, try installing the x86 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.