Using Pcap.Net in your programs
Creating an application that uses Pcap.Net
To create an application that uses Pcap.Net with Microsoft Visual Studio, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have .NET Framework 4.0 (or a newer version) installed.
- Add a reference to PcapDotNet.Base.dll, PcapDotNet.Packets.dll, PcapDotNet.Core.dll and PcapDotNet.Core.Extensions.dll at every project file that uses Pcap.Net.
Look at Pcap.Net Tutorial
for sample programs.
Running Pcap.Net applications
To run an application that uses Pcap.Net, follow these steps:
- Make sure the application you're using was built in Release mode and not Debug.
- Install WinPcap 4.1.2 (available at http://www.winpcap.org).
- Install .NET Framework 4.0 (available at Microsoft Download Center).
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (available at Microsoft Download Center: x86 version, x64 version). If you have troubles on Windows x64 versions, try installing the x86 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.